BY CONTINUING TO USE THE CCIX WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER CCIX PROGRAM OFFERED BY CCIX, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY AS IT IS PRESENTED TO YOU AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR FIRST USE OF ANY CCIX PROGRAM (THE “EFFECTIVE DATE”). NO CHANGES (ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS) BY YOU TO THIS POLICY WILL BE ACCEPTED BY CCIX CONSORTIUM, INC. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY, OR YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE USED PURSUANT TO THIS POLICY, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT USE ANY CCIX PROGRAM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CCIX WEBSITE) AND YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CCIX CONSORTIUM, INC. YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THIS POLICY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
1. COLLECTION OF USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- certain personal identifiable information about the User, including without limitation the User’s first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, mobile number, fax number, physical address, company name, or title/position;
- any content or other data that a User distributes, publishes, uploads or otherwise makes available during his/her use of, or other enjoyment of the benefits of any goods or services provided through any CCIX Program; or
- any other information or data about how You use, or the results of Your use of, any CCIX Programs.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS.
During a User’s visit to the CCIX Website or any other CCIX Program, the User’s Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) may be obtained by Us or by Our servers (or any third party servers that We engage) or cookies or other types of small temporary text files may be placed on the User’s computer processor or in the browser directory of the User’s hard drive (collectively “Cookies”). Like many other websites, the User’s IP Address or Cookies may be used during Your visit to any CCIX Program in order to improve your individual experience as a User of that CCIX Program or to generally improve or enhance the overall functionality of the CCIX Website or other CCIX Program. While most websites automatically accept Cookies for these purposes, You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting Cookies or prompt You before accepting a Cookie from the sites you visit, including the CCIX Website. For purposes of this Policy, all of the foregoing described IP Address and Cookies are collectively defined as the “Unique Identifiers.”
3. USE OF USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION OR UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS.
All of the User’s Personal Information or Unique Identifiers may be gathered, collected, recorded, held, distributed, shared, disclosed or otherwise used by or on behalf of CCIX for any and all of the following purposes (collectively, the “Permitted Uses”):
- to provide Users with access to and use of all CCIX Programs;
- to otherwise facilitate participation, cooperation, or collaboration by the User and others in any meetings, work groups, committees, boards, activities, collaborative efforts, conferences, or other events conducted, sponsored, supported, operated or distributed (in whole or in part) by or on behalf of CCIX (“CCIX Activities”).
- to provide Users with notices, material, content or any other information about any and all CCIX Activities;
- to share with or disclose to other members of CCIX (“CCIX Members”) who participate in any of the CCIX Activities;
- to share with or disclose to any of CCIX’s vendors, suppliers, independent contractors, or consultants of CCIX (“CCIX Contractors”) in order to assist CCIX in developing, providing, operating or maintaining any CCIX Programs or CCIX Activities;
- to share with or disclose to any industry or business partners of CCIX that CCIX may collaborate with as part of CCIX’s general corporate purpose or general standards-setting goals or mission, including without limitation any other standards-setting organizations (“Industry Partners”);
- to provide User with material, information or notices regarding any activities or meetings of the Industry Partners;
- to share with or disclose to any of CCIX’s professional advisors such as attorneys or accountants (“Outside Professionals”) in order to facilitate the professional advice from those Outside Professionals;
- to use the Unique Identifiers for any of the purposes set forth in Sections 2 or 3 of this Policy; or
- to share with or otherwise disclose to any government agencies or third parties in order to comply with, or otherwise pursuant to, any subpoena, court order or other governmental order, law or regulation; or
- for use for any other lawful purpose in order to carry out CCIX’s general corporate purpose or general standards-setting goals or mission.
4. OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM THE CCIX.
4.1 In the event a User has provided CCIX with Personal Information such as that discussed above, and thereafter a User does not want to continue to directly receive further notices, information or material from CCIX regarding CCIX Activities, the User must send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org that the User no longer wants to receive these communications directly from CCIX (“Opt Out”). Once CCIX has received that User’s request to Opt Out, CCIX will use commercially reasonable efforts, in a commercially reasonable time period, to try to carry out such User’s request to Opt Out; provided, however, CCIX will not have any obligation to retrieve, and cannot prevent the further use by others of, such User’s personal identifiable information which may have been shared up to that time with other parties (such as with CCIX Members, CCIX Contractors, Industry Partners or Outside Professionals as defined above).
6. USER RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATING USER’S OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Users are solely responsible for correcting, updating, or modifying any and all of the User’s personal information as it appears in, and as otherwise stored or contained in, any CCIX Program. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, User acknowledges and agrees that CCIX has no duty to correct, update, modify or eliminate any of the User’s personal information as it appears in, is stored, or is otherwise contained in, the CCIX Website or in any other CCIX Program.
7. LINKS TO, AND USE OF, THIRD PARTY SITES OR PROGRAMS.
The CCIX Website or other CCIX Programs may now or in the future provide links or other access to Internet websites, forums or other programs which are not under CCIX’s sole control and not solely owned by CCIX (collectively referred to as “Third Party Sites”). If a User clicks on a link to, or otherwise gains access to, any such Third-Party Site, the User will be transported to one of these Third-Party Sites.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH USER AGREES THAT IF THE USER USES ANY THIRD PARTY SITES IN ANY WAY, THE USER IS AWARE THAT ANY OF THE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER PROVIDES TO THAT THIRD PARTY SITE MIGHT BE READ, COLLECTED, SHARED, DISTRIBUTED, OR OTHERWISE USED BY OTHER USERS OF THAT THIRD PARTY SITE OR BY ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES, AND COULD BE USED TO SEND THE USER UNSOLICITED MESSAGES. CCIX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THE USER ELECTS TO SUBMIT IN, OR OTHERWISE MAKE AVAILABLE TO, THESE THIRD-PARTY SITES.
Any link to any Third-Party Site from the CCIX Website or any other CCIX Program does not imply any endorsement of the privacy practices of such Third-Party Site by the CCIX, and no such Third-Party Site is authorized to make any representation or warranty on our behalf.
8. DO NOT TRACK.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets website users inform websites or other applications that they do not want to have their online activities tracked. These “do not track” features may also give website users other choices regarding the collection of their personal identifiable information. However, these “do not track” features and “do not track’ signals are not yet uniform. Accordingly, each User of the CCIX Website or any other CCIX Program is hereby notified that the CCIX Website and the other CCIX Programs are not currently set up to respond to any of the User’s “do not track” features or “do not track” signals.
10. COMMUNICATING WITH CCIX.